Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I will follow him...follow him wherever he may go

In this LAT story, a reporter talks to female ex-pats who live with their Saudi husbands in Saudi Arabia. I can't help but wonder what in the world made these women leave the U S of A to join their men in fucking Saudi Arabia. We're not talking about Spain or even Cuba - I could understand that. I would leave this country for the next rich Frenchman that came along. But Saudi Arabia? I can't help but assume that these women are white. I can't help but notice that all these men are rich. I can't help but question how and why they thought marrying a rich foreigner from a country where hatred for women is seen as cultural and godly was a good idea.

That is sad to me. Really sad. Is financial security and being someone's baby mama worth it?

No comments: