Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Thank God my parents never tried to raise my self-esteem

It's not just in your head … The LAT reports that a new study reveals what many of us have suspected for some time: the new generation of college-age students is, for the most part, more narcissistic than its predecessors. The authors of the study titled "Egos Inflating Over Time" say all the effort put into raising children's self-esteem appears to have brought some undesirable consequences. According to researchers, increased egos could lead to personal and social problems.

Mama and Papa Moxie would have never thought to raise my self-esteem. Instead they instilled in me the great ability to distrust others, judge them and shut out anyone who doesn't agree with me.

Thanks, Mom and Dad. *tear*

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hay hay hay....

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are not special.

;)