Saturday, February 2, 2008

And this year I thought I would have to buy my own cake

As I type this, I am having brunch which consists of two different pieces of birthday cake and leftover pizza. Why? Because it's a cake fuck fest this week as I have TWO birthday cakes to help me celebrate the big day. The first was from the g-parents who got this delicately delicious cake from Casa Dolce on the eastside.

Now Miss Fixx It, if you recall her, invited me over for what was going to be a housewarming crock pot celebration with pot roast. Alas, she managed to overcook the meat leaving us with pizza as the only viable meal option. We got it delivered from this place. Yeah...buttery as fuck crust, bitches. And the boneless wings tossed in bourbon sauce were a welcome addition to the meal.

As usual on occasions like these, I offer to bring the dessert and the alcohol, but she said she had it covered. To my surprise, there was a chocolate whipped buttercream pink and white birthday cake complete with my name on it waiting for me after dinner. Hell yes. Nothing says Moxie like a pink and white chocolate cake. I AM pink and white chocolate cake.

So much for going to the gym first.


(sorry for the dark pics, but i never said i was a good photographer.)




No comments: