Thursday, September 6, 2007

I hate to bring up gender and race, but...

If a white guy did this, I don't think the media would be so shocked and aghast.

What is the "this"? I don't follow tennis, but apparently Serena Williams lost to some Belgian chick in some important game yesterday. They say Grand Slam and I think baseball or Denny's, but anyway, she got pissy at the post-match press conference and dissed--hip-hop style I might add--her opponent saying that the Belgian lady had some lucky shots.

So she was salty about her loss. I would be, too. I know all about good sportsmanship, but losing sucks ass. If a guy would have displayed the same reactions and attitude, no one would care. Instead the media is saying she needs to take a class about...class. Ugh. Just more media-bias and gender discrimination. Apparently women can't get angry anymore without risking punishment or reprimand.

No comments: