Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Moxie Phrase: Kicked in the Feelings

Yesterday I was facing a dilemma about my priorities in life. Well, actually it was about scheduling, but my life priorities came into play. So I called or emailed my trusted advisers to help me sort out my situation. No one was immediately available and in some weird act of desperation, I called my (ex) friend, Tim, who stopped talking to me over 2 months ago. I left him a message asking for his gift of rationality.

Hours go by and I was sitting on the sofa chatting with Mademoiselle Kitty, when I get a text message in response to my request for help: "I am sure whatever you decide will be best. good luck"

That burning sting of tears formed in the back of my eye sockets and Mademoiselle Kitty cooed, "Oh Moxie, it's like he kicked you in the feelings. I'm sure he didn't mean it though."

The burning sting was replaced with a tickle in my throat and I erupted with laughter. Pure genius: kicked in the feelings?!?!?!?!?!?!

I guess there is always laughter in loss.



A white version of Moxie sitting alone in life's sandbox with nobody to play with.

2 comments:

Kim said...

ooooooo that's cold.

MisterElle said...

You can always call me. I hope you know that.