Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Best conversation I have overheard in a long time

On the bus riding on my way to Mama Moxie's house. My Depeche Mode album had reached it's last song and I was trying to concentrate on reading the local rag mag. This girl plops down in a seat perpendicular to mine and begins talking to a young guy sitting next to me. I pick up their conversation around here....

Girl: So, did you hear?
Boy: Hear what?
Girl: [some ghetto street nickname] got 18 to life today.
Boy: Fo' real? Damn.
Girl: Pinkie gets sentenced on the 5th and [some other ghetto street nickname] gets sentenced on the 6th.
Boy: Damn.
Girl: Yeah. I am so mad at him, he owe me my money.
Boy: puzzled Fo what?
Girl: That's my baby father.
Boy: What?! You got a baby by [some ghetto street nickname]? Him? I didn't know that.
Girl: Yeah!
Boy: He's like...old. When did that happen? You had that baby young?
Girl: No, I'm 20 now. I was 15 then.
Boy: Yeah, so that is young.
Girl: No, it's not. I was 15. He's..what...like 24, so yeah. My daughter will be six soon.
Boy: shakes his head You were sneaking around then, huh?
Girl: No, I wasn't. I'm not having any kids now. Well, I'm pregnant now, but that's different.
Boy: Another baby?
Girl: Yeah, but it's for my sister. She live on the westside now, you know.
Boy: Where at?
Girl: On Lakewood. (Now, I'm not aware of a street called Lakewood, but there is definitely a city named Lakewood on the westside.)
Boy: Ok. So, what you mean you havin a baby fo yo sister? You gonna give her yo baby?
Girl: No, she has a child, but she wants another one. And she can't have anymore kids.
Boy: So you got pregnant to give her yo baby?
Girl: Naw nigga, I'm her suuuurogate.
Boy: ?
Girl: Like, dey took her egg and his sperm and put it inside me. I'll carry it for her.
Boy: Damn. That's nice.
Girl: Yeah, I got a big heart. Besides, I know she would do it for me.
Boy: So they took his sperm and her egg and put it in you?
Girl: Yeah.
Boy: So, then, the baby gonna look like you.
Girl: No it won't! It's his sperm and her egg. I just carry it. I don't have anything else to do with it. Her kid will look like her, dummy. I'm her suuurogate.
Boy: Damn. So you gonna have some more kids?
Girl: No, I'm good for now. I don't want anymore kids until I find me a good man. One who lives on the same side of town as I do.


Winner up for best overheard conversation:
Woman: I don't care what my man does as long as he comes home at night.
Girl (from conversation above): Yeah, don't let the sun beat you home.
Woman 2: Ain't nothin open after 2am. So why you out late is beyond me.
Woman 1: Yeah, the only thing open after 2am is leggz.
Girl: Okaaaaaay?! I know that.



1 comment:

Kim said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaasdlkfnasd fuiwhenrf wefjbasdfn dmfasdfasd'fas'df''asdf'"ASDFasdfaSDF:asdf.sadf,asdfasdf90123112

you know...someone who lives on the same side of town.