Friday, March 28, 2008

Ev"h"il can be cute and blonde

This girl hates you. If you are a woman, a person of color, poor, an immigrant, anti-war, not a Christian, working class, for the environment, or fat (taking a wild guess on that). Her Vag Card needs to be revoked. Why? Because her Daddy is John McCain and she's OK with that. Like, she's a Republican, too.

It is always so scary to see young, female Republicans. Meghan with an "h" and her Mommy, Cindy are scary blonde Republican women - protectors of the Patriarchy. Meghan a degree in art history (fake major like Philosophy) from Columbia. She is a rich, (presumably) spoiled girl from Arizona. (I was just in Arizona - the white women there are scary and apparently ultra conservative). She has this blog. I read bits and pieces of it and vomited in my mouth a little.


Most of the posts read something like this:
"Dear Diary, Dad just made another speech about how this war is totally awesome and that gays deserve to die. Daddy is so funny. Mommy and I were backstage when he promised a room full of old, white rich men that a woman's right to choose would be one of the first things he got rid of when he got elected to office. Yay! Chelsea Clinton is a fugly slut. I like Manolo's today. They are awesome. I'm awesome. Yay! Daddy's going to be President."


And other such musings. Her obliviousness to her privilege makes me laugh her crazy laugh. Then a chilled shudder runs down my spine when I think about all the people in this country like Meghan with an "h" and the power they have over my life.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Oh my goddess my sister used to go to Phoenix Country Day School where Meghan McCain used to go! My sister was, like, the only non-white student there, hahaha. Yeah people in Arizona are so conservative it gives me the heebeejeebies.
The thing is though, while Meghan has class and racial power, her power over you is not quite as great as if she were male. And definitely nothing compared to the power of her father. I think it's just too easy, and a bit misdirected, to use symbols of snooty rich white girls as the targets of our hatred for white male supremacy in this nation.