Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: Tuesday edition

Where, oh, where do I start this bitchfest?

Shall I start with this fucked up piece of legislation that infringes on Native American women's access to abortion? Maybe.

Or, I could start with this article that talks about the health risks women of color face in the United States and the service disparities they experience in the healthcare system. This article stems off to talk about the prevalence of STI's among adolescent girls. And you guessed it: Black girls are disproportionately represented in this number. My only question is this: unless all these girls are lesbians, who is transmitting these diseases to them?

I could talk about this uplifting piece covering efforts by Queen Mothers in Ghana to inform women about abortion rights and access, safe sex and abstinence.

I could, or you could just click the links your damn self.

No comments: