Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Here we go again: Gay legislation edition

A piece of legislation that would ban discrimination based on sexual orientation is up in the Ohio House again. This time, supporters of the bill expect it to pass because we have a supportive Governor in the statehouse.

I'm excited, of course, but I think it is funny that the one gay state rep, Michael Skindell, is not one of the prime sponsors of the bill. Dale Miller is. On the other hand, I think it is cool that the homo rep is not the lead on this and your average straight white guy is. Just thought that odd.

What's even more odd is Barry Sheets, from Citizens for Community Values thinks the legislation is "asking for trouble". He has "concerns about carving out special rights for people based upon whom they choose to be engaged in a physical relationship with". He also thinks:

"That just does not seem to be a good use of the General Assembly's time or focus when we have so many other looming problems." He said the measure is "an issue I believe that's looking for a problem. "I don't see that the public would see that there's a very large need for this."
Really, Mister Douchebag O'Hitler...Mr. Barry Sheets?

This whole situation is pretty damn gay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Skindell is not gay. Check your facts.

MarilynJean said...

After "check your facts", you should have said: "Not that I think anything is wrong with that...being gay and what not. Cuz I don't...think anything is wrong with it. I'm just saying."