Thursday, May 15, 2008

Here's the thing with Marc

I'm glad he resigned and I liked the motherfucker. He kept it trealz on several occasions and I respect him for that. When he failed to keep it real, he lost me. Over the weekend, I attended the Ohio Democratic Women's Luncheon and they announced that they were removing their endorsement from Marc Dann. Amid waves of sucked air and head nodding, the woman who made the announcement simply said this: We're no longer endorsing him because he failed to create an environment that was safe for women to work without harassment.

That's it. I don't care about his affair because that is no concern of mine. What I do care about is the fact that he failed to pursue appropriate actions after being made privy to several incidents of sexual harassment within his office. You failed at your job, you failed your employees, you failed Democrats and you failed the women of Ohio who fiercely campaigned for you and carried you on our backs to Columbus.

Done. Peace Out. Goodbye.

No comments: