Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Come out, come out wherever you are

So I received an anonymous posting from a reader in response to my last post yesterday. My first reaction was, "Yes! A comment." Then I read it and it was from a self-identified "black relatively young and cute tomboy". She expressed her disappointment in my "potential ride on the white side".

But since it was anonymous, I can't tell her that I too am disappointed in myself. Mostly this is because I am participating in the arcane system that believes race actually exists and instead of recognizing it as a social construct designed to hinder the human species, I stress out about going on a coffee date with a white woman.

I also can't tell her that I am excited she read my blog. I want to know how she found it and does she like my layout colors and such.

I also can't tell her that if she is indeed a relatively cute black tomboy, I hope she's somewhere I can find her.

Moxie Lady thanks you for your mere existence; your words were icing on the cake. Keep reading and commenting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are the icing on the collective cake of the Church of Uberfabulosity, m'dear.