Monday, April 30, 2007

Taking classes at Degrassi

So an update on the Degrassi High post from last week.

There was no coffee date.














There was just a dinner date on Saturday, a brunch date on Sunday and a movie (Children of Men...I cried) Sunday night. I know, I know what you're thinking...where are the movers, but alas, no such thing! Moxie Lady has had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend with Miss Fixx-It. Lots of talking, joking, flirting, joking and talking. And I wouldn't be Moxie if I didn't say that was some good ass food involved. New York style pizza, desserts from Truffles, brunch at Lucky's Cafe, and ice cream.

I got answers to truly important questions like her favorite color, her dogs, sun sign, what's playing in her stereo, movies that make her cry, etc.

Now you are asking yourself: what about the...you know?

And I can tell you with all the honesty and purity of a flaxen haired Brownie Troop member named Maggie, there was no kissing....no nothing. Which is creating some palpable tension, but our few hand grazes and playful jabs have been good enough thank you very much.

So no, no coffee date. Just three fabulous mini-dates rolled into one sunny weekend.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Nice...busy weekend, huh?

Kim said...

It's just brunch!

Anonymous said...

I am truly happy you enjoyed your date triathlon. It had to be good if tears were involved. But I must say I am so soooo glad no U-hauls were involved. I was about to post to "Come out, come out wherever you are" but your "Taking classes at Degrassi" post is right on time so i'll do it here. Hope you get it. I’m not that blog savvy.

Yes, I love your layout and color choice. And your moxie logos. It is very pleasing on the eyes. I enjoy reading your views on things. I like your web links. I really liked link to the L'Enfant Plaza musician article. I shared it with a former boss, a classical music fanatic. Anyway, I think I’ve been reading your blog for maybe a little over a month. Maybe even two. I was also unaware of the power of shoulder pads. There’s so much that I could have achieved had I only been aware!

How I happened upon your blog. With the risk of sounding stalkeresque I’ll tell ya. It began with a phone inquiry from a young lady who enjoys theatre. Her name conjures up the image of an Italian or Greek space witch with an asteroid for a broom. At least in my head. Space Witch needed a place to stay and I had a place to rent. Space Witch told me she was in a play about lesbian secretaries who killed lumberjacks. Didn’t see the play. Anyway, Space Witch found a place she loved before she saw my property. Oh well. Fast Forward over a year. Property empty again. I remember Space Witch and wonder what she’s up to. I google her. I stumble on a old page with her and wild plum folks. I google them and a few clicks later I find your boy tim’s blog (interesting) and from there your blog (much more interesting and easier on the eyes than tim’s blog; no offense to tim)

Take care and enjoy your ride. Hopefully it's a long good one :-)

from a cute, young, black tomboy

Unknown said...

I, too, think Moxie's waaaay more interesting than me. I am a better cook, though. Please reveal yourself. You're driving me nuts.