Thursday, April 26, 2007

Please welcome Mademoiselle Kitty!

So Mademoiselle Kitty is not technically a guest blogger, but she is Moxie Lady's roommate and will verbally blog things that I essentially I will have to remember and type later.

MK has an advanced degree in saving the world, aka, Social Work, and has landed a new job. She works with under served, disadvantaged, at-risk youth helping them build careers. (She also helps me build my career by helping me pick out accessories in the morning.)

So this is her first full week on the job and her first client, E is facing quite the conundrum. E is a state certified nursing assistant, who had to resign from her job because of family issues. E also has a child who has cancer. "Oh my gosh!", said M. Kitty. E needed help and deserved it ever so. Then one of Kitty's coworkers enlightened her on the situation with E. Apparently E has a side job as a.....madame. A manager of ladies of the night if you will. Additionally, it is not certain whether E quit or was fired from her job. And it is questionable as to whether or not her child actually has cancer. And as for securing a job, E has a difficult time dressing well for the part. To sum it up, Kitty's coworker said, "I mean, even if she wore scrubs to work, she would look better than what she wears every other day. At least she'd be dressing the part."

*Sigh* Poor Mademoiselle Kitty. She has to become an investigator as well as social worker. Being the beacon of light and hope that she is, Moxie Lady saw only positives in this situation.

ML: applying mascara. So, like she's a madame? That means she has management skills.
MK: brushing her hair. I guess so. Where are you going with this? I have to wonder how she got other women to have sex for money and then give it to her.
ML: Well, you can transfer those skills. That also means she is persuasive. Men have been pimps for centuries. You could argue she is empowering the female entrepreneurial spirit.
MK: I guess I see your point. So like a drug dealer...
ML: Could do really well in inside sales!
MK: Yes! And and...a man convicted of breaking and entering could do well in construction.
ML: Yeah, because he's good with his hands.

Other examples:
Petty theft = secret shopper
Grand theft auto = mechanic (obviously)
Assault and battery = high school gym teacher, boxer, police officer
Prostitution = Mary Kay or Avon Lady
Meth Lab operator = chemist, pharmacy tech
Trespassing = political canvasser
Fraud, identity theft = improvisational actor, politician

You get the gist! M. Kitty's coworkers aren't the greatest thing either.

MK typing away at her desk
Coworker: Are you good a manipulating images and formatting?
MK: Yeah. I used to do a newsletter at my old job for all my residents.
Coworker: Great. Can you help me with something?
MK: Sure!

At coworker's desk
Coworker: So my son is graduating and I need to put his school's emblem on the announcements and I can't get the image to lay out properly.
MK: blinks

Conversation with her boss
Boss: Can you help with something really quick?
MK: Sure, what is it?
Boss: Would you like to be involved in our strategic planning process?
MK: Oh, I would love to. It would give me so much insight into the organization.
Boss: Great, I need to have one done in the next 30 minutes, so have a seat. You talk, I'll type.
MK: sits. blinks.

It can only get better! So stay tuned for the exciting adventures of Mademoiselle Kitty.

No comments: