Thursday, April 12, 2007

Raise your hand if you've been printed in the LA Times

Affronts against black women
April 12, 2007
Re "Imus is not alone," Opinion, April 11

I want to express my whole-hearted agreement with Constance L. Rice. She says so clearly what I have always felt. The assaults on black women come from all fronts — black men included. Why do our civil rights "leaders" think it is worth their time to punish Don Imus for saying things that athletes, actors and rappers have been saying for decades?

Imus is not the downfall of the black community; it is our lack of action and our unwillingness to confront such sexist, homophobic, classist and degrading comments and beliefs that our culture celebrates that contribute to the challenges we face as a race. Rice hits it on the head. I just hope that Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the rest take note.

MOXIE LADY
Cleveland

AND I have the voicemail saved on my phone from the paper that confirmed that my lil letter was going for publication. Total domination is but a few more angry letters away.

1 comment:

MisterElle said...

I forgot to tell you how proud I am of you about this letter when we last talked! Congratulations. It's about time you got a larger audience.