Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Conscientious Shopping

Got an email from an old college roomie who has a new roomie whose Mom is a cancer survivor and now makes these. So buy one if you need one or know someone who does. I support women owned and operated businesses!

Then I remembered that Mama Moxie's birthday is this week. I was about to order her flowers when I got an email reminding me about this program that this org is hosting this week about exploited workers. I realized that I couldn't buy her sweatshop flowers (not that she would care), so I went in search of fair trade flowers and found this place. Just look at the happy brown people! I support happy brown people!

I then charged the flowers and I probably killed the planet with the carbon emissions it will take to express ship them from California, so that little self-righteous buy high was replaced with good old-fashioned shopper's guilt.

No comments: