Thursday, April 24, 2008

Steel Magnolias moments and mac & cheese

Last night I went out on the town by myself for dinner and a play. It was great to walk the new and emerging Detroit-Shoreway neighborhood and talk with some people I haven't seen in awhile. I went here to see this. It was such a moving performance from real women. Fuck the V-Monologues: this was work written by women who have recovered from abuse and addiction. Their pieces talked about being sober, God, their children, men and their parents. I had some tear up moments and the audience was as diverse as I have ever seen at CPT.

The only annoying parts were the condescending white liberals during the post-performance discussion and the one man who hit on one of the women in front of the entire theatre. Other than that, absolutely awesome show. And it was FREE!

I went to dinner at Cheddars (soon to be Krazy Mac's formely Snickers...long story) and ran into my old roommate who was visiting from NYC. He makes these. It was fun to chat with him about his VIP serving job at this place. I finished up the night walking home in the nice, spring night.

One of those days when Cleveland truly rocks.

2 comments:

MisterElle said...

I had the chance to see that show, and I thought of you and how much you would enjoy it. I am glad you were able to see it! I totally forgot to bring that up the other day. Sorry.

MisterElle said...

ALSO, I didn't want to seem like that guy from Klucks by recommending it. The line can be so thin sometimes.