Monday, April 28, 2008

Just Watched: Eagle vs. Shark

Maybe it was because I was in an allergy induced stupor, or because I watched it in two parts, but I didn't fall head over heels for this one. I get the whole "If you love Napolean Dynamite, you'll love...", but I didn't laugh out loud as much at this film. Maybe it was something cultural? No, because I'm as far removed from the Plains/Midwest/wherethefuckwherethey? culture in ND, as I was from the New Zealand setting of E v. S. Plus there were several predictable moments and I was rather disappointed. However, I did like Jarrod's family. They were hilarious. The accents in that country are enough to make my smug American self giggle (their "e" sounds like our "e" in the word "head"). I liked Lily's brother, he too was very funny.

Maybe I will watch it again. Subtle humor sometimes warrants a second look.




Horse! Daaamn.

No comments: