Tuesday, April 1, 2008

GRRRREAT Day for women in the world

If by "great" I mean fucked up. Let's take a gander shall we?


Twisty found out this story from this guy. In it, the ubiquitous site Facebook is called the "doorway to lust" by Saudi religious fanatics. Why? Well, some asshole discovered his daughter talking to a member of the opposite sex via Facebook. What did the loving father do? Take away her internet privileges? Ground her? No, he beat her and shot her to death.


Yeah....I feel one of those "Fuck it: let them all burn" moments coming on. Bring on the troop surge!


Meanwhile in England, the new Miss Surrey (hopeful contender for Miss England), a 17-yr old beauty school student recently took her first official bikini pics. What's the big deal? (I mean besides 17 yr old girls being paraded around in a beauty pageant) She's FAT.
(Chloe in her official swimsuit.)
Like SIZE 16 F-A-T. OMG. I could D-I-E. I like how this is news over there (and would be over here). Part of me says yes, finally a plus-size girl in a fucking beauty contest. The other part of me says: this still aint progress. Now she's subjected to the same leers, looks and gazes that bikini-clad, crown wearing beauty queens get AND people will ridicule her for her size. She can't win. I wish someone would tell her that.

No comments: