Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm not alone

Mama and Papa Moxie may have been born happy people, but life fucked them over so royally, that they became some of the greatest negative thinkers in our time. I was blessed to inherit this trait from them. Many people who have known me over the years have questioned my negative, pessimistic thinking. I always counter their questioning with a, "Fuck off", and an explanation that I am a realist and optimism is for white people.

There has been a recent "craze"--if you will--about postive thinking, the science of happiness and how it can change our lives. Moxie says bullshit. And to validate my long-held beliefs, there is a book out about the benefits of negative thinking. Further, there are people throughout the country...NO, the world that feel that negative thinking is actually essential to survival.

That actually makes me happy. Now pass the pills.

No comments: