Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The closest thing to hate mail so far!

And I am sooo excited! This means I have more readers! OR Black Beau forwarded this to his friend. Hmmm....But anyway, I got this comment in response to a previous posting.

A few points of clarification:
1) The "new company" you refer to is in no way, shape, or form connected to
dangerousNEGRO, so let's squash that rumor. dangerousNEGRO has no
subsidiaries.
2) Black does not refer to only African Americans. Nowhere on the company
website does it say or infer that we subscribe to that notion. Two of our founders are African, so it would make no sense for us to exclude them or any other Black people.
3) dangerousNEGRO is not only for so called "conscious" individuals, but
all Black people. People who are already conscious are our main target, true,
but we also want to reach other individuals to make consciousness more mainstream. Consciousness is about being aware, not about subscribing to some stereotypical construct of what a so-called conscious negro should be. Every Black person who is socially aware does not have to be like Talib Kweli. The definition of a dangerousNEGRO is more diverse than that.
4) Try contacting us for any questions you may have about our company or our mission before hating on your brothers. If nothing else, try to get the facts straight first.

Feel free to email me personally

Tre Bakertre@dangerousnegro.com

Wow! Can you believe it?? This is like hate mail and you know who gets hate mail? Famous people. I am practically famous. Done and done. Let self-satisfied smugness ensue.

6 comments:

MisterElle said...

I hope he understands white people like myself also enjoy those shirts. I find the whole thing to be elitest.

Kim said...

I liked some of those shirts too. But I'm afraid to order one.

Also, remember when they put your picture on the cover of the echo while you were sleeping at the impeachment? That's what this reminds me of.

MarilynJean said...

I WASN'T sleeping, the shot just looks like it. I was reading a magazine.

Unknown said...

this is dumb

Susie Q said...

lol Points of clarification = hate mail now - you know you're reaching girl.

The pretentious never rest jk

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like the Young Gifted Black shirt!