Tuesday, June 5, 2007

MLK might as well have been a truck driver

He might as well have because here's one more Negro fucking it up for eeeeveryone else. This Democratic lawmaker is being indicted on corruption charges. AND he's making history for being the FIRST person to be charged under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (somehow this will be its own stub in Wikipedia). I heard about this story yesterday and I totally didn't even think it was a Black man. I just assumed he was white because this is so boring crap that white lawmakers do. But when I read through the story today, low and behold, he is me...he's Black. Dammit. I can't be proud of this because 1) he's a Dem, and 2) he's giving Americans one more reason to be disgusted with our political system and current regime. If he were a Republican, I would actually be happy.

Speaker Pelosi was quoted as saying that the charges were "are extremely serious" and if "proven true, they constitute an egregious and unacceptable abuse of public trust and power." She should have said, "He better check himself before he wreck himself", because that is basically what he has done.

This is yet another moment in Black history that will hopefully be forgotten.

No comments: