Friday, June 1, 2007

That's what friends are for?

mrl: Hey, I think I found the perfect guy for you.
moxie: Really? Do tell.
mrl: Well, I was out last night and sat next to this guy (check), Henry. Graduated from U of M's law school (check).
moxie: And...?
mrl: Oh yeah, Black. (check)
moxie: Henry? That name is gay. But cool...did you find out what his deal is?
mrl: Yeah. He's moving to Chicago next month--
moxie: Bummer.
mrl: --with his fiancee.
moxie: What? Then why the hell are you telling me about him?
mrl: Well, just to let you know that I have my eye out for you. I told him that I wanted him to meet my friend, but you know...
moxie: I can't believe you just called me to tell me this?
mrl: What? I am trying to look out for you. He's an example...
moxie: OK, bye.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I have a potential beau for you. He's big, black, reasonably handsome, straight, talkative, witty, sweet and available. And he frequently uses words that I don't know the meaning of; just like you do. Anyway, he's a few months from receiving his doctorate in poly sci and will likely teach at a local college here. He likes to travel, just got back from South Africa.