Thursday, June 7, 2007

The end of an era

OK. I am getting major carpal tunnel from all this typing. As the Honorable Samantha Grace would say, I am a blogging machine today! But I am bored now. DN and friends can have the last word. Color me Cindy Sheehan because I quit.

It has been a whirlwind two days(?) with the DN folks. I am truly amazed at how much energy has manifested itself from some lazy ass post I wrote several weeks ago. I guess (and this is where I get misty-eyed) that Moxie's words have gone too far. Maybe not.

I think I am humbled by how seriously DN takes themselves and they should. It just doesn't mean that I have to as well. Can you imagine if Kate Moss and every Republican politician responded to every snarky post I wrote, or to every newspaper article, TV show, book, etc. that criticized them? As far as I am concerned, some big shot at some company found my blog....witness the power of the internet: everyone can find anyone and everybody has something to say.

I created this blog as a way to shoot the shit with my peoples and use it as a showcase for all what? 3, 4, 5 of us to find the humor in life, politics and identity. I have blogged about everything from Jon Secada to airplane travel to the Don Imus incident. Nothing is out of bounds for me (or for them)...hence the name Moxie.

But shame on me for not exemplifying Unity, Love, and Respect when it came to handling the responses to my post. The sister who brought my attention to DN sent an email out over the listserve and I even wrote a blog posting about that. Then I deleted it, because it was more mean than funny.

I could have easily left the comments alone. After all, you posted on my blog, I never posted my thoughts on yours. I could have blocked anonymous posters from leaving comments. I could have deleted the posts that criticized me, but anyone can see that they are still up and you can still post. Believe it or not, I welcome dialogue because it would be criminal not to.

Black Beau put it simply, but definitively, when he said: Being in "the motherland" helped me understand how different our people REALLY are. So one Black woman doesn't like DN. Who cares? Keep doing what you do and I will keep doing what I do. Hopefully we will all do enough to change something in this world and live our lives to the fullest so that we can enjoy our transition from this life into the next one.

No comments: